FAQ - Australian Vaporizers
Q. What is a Vaporizer?
A vaporizer is a device which heats up herbs to a temperature at which they release their active ingredients into vapour. This vapour contains almost none of the toxic elements found in smoke. See 'what is vaporization' for more information.
Q. How does a Vaporizer work?
When herbs are heated to a certain temperature their active ingredients begin to boil and are released. As the temperature used is low, the herbs do not get burned and there is little or no smoke created. The vapours which are released are much more concentrated and cleaner than smoke.
Q. What are the benefits of a Vaporizer?
- Minimal Odour - ideal for use in small, shared or unventilated rooms.
- Efficiency – You will actually use far less herbs for the same effect. Burning the plant material actually burns over 40% of the active ingredient as well. Vaporizers are far more economical than traditional methods of smoking.
- Reported Health Benefits - Studies have found that vaporizing is easier on the lungs and contains far less harmful carcinogens and tar normally found in smoke.
Q. What are the different types of Vaporizers?
There are two main types of vaporizers: those that use conduction and those that use convection.
- Conduction vaporizers heat herbs through direct contact with a hot surface.
- Convection vaporizers heat herbs by passing heated air over them.
Convection vaporizers are considered the superior option because they heat herbs more evenly and there is little risk of burning them, which may sometimes occur with conduction vaporizers.
Q. Does a Vaporizer produce any odour?
The odour produced by a vaporizer is almost non-existent when compared to smoking. Within a few moments of using a vaporizer, most if not all odour vanishes.
Q. How do I know when my herbs are finished
The vapor material is done when your plant material changes in colour to a much darker color. Practice makes perfect.
Q. Can you re-use your herbs once it's been vaporized
Yes, you can re-vaporize your herbs to extract any remaining active ingredients.
Q. What payment methods are available on site?
Our secure website accepts Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. We also accept Money Orders. To pay by any of these options, just add the products you wish to order to the Shopping Cart and Check Out. Our payment details will be provided during the check out process. We use an SSL Secure Shopping Cart so you can be sure that your order information and credit card details are secure. Read more about our Payment Methods.
Q. Is my information safe with you?
Return to Vaporizer Homepage