There is very little you have to do with your vaporizer besides vape it; however, if you want to ensure your PAX is working at peak performance, then you must clean it regularly. Like any technologically advanced unit, it has lots of little parts; and these little parts need cleaning. The last thing you want is for your favourite vaporiser to underperform.
Gather your tools
The first step in cleaning your PAX is getting some cleaning equipment. Don’t worry - cleaning your vape doesn’t require a huge range of cleaning agents. Here is a list of the materials you will need to keep your PAX in tip-top shape.
- Rubbing alcohol
- A glass or jar
- Pipe Cleaner
- Cotton Buds
- Cleaning brush (comes with your PAX)
If you’re asking yourself – “how do I know if my PAX needs a clean?” we suggest that you check the mouthpiece of the PAX and see if there is a build-up of liquid or oil. If there is a build-up of resin, clean it. If your PAX is underperforming, clean it. Protect your investment and remember - a clean PAX is a happy PAX.
The step-by-step cleaning guide for your PAX
- Firstly, remove the oven lid and mouthpiece.
- Now, that the tricky part is over, insert the pipe cleaner from the top of the unit to the bottom to get rid of any residue in the vapour path.
- Doing this will also pop out the oven screen from the bottom on the PAX. Do not fret, this is meant to happen.
- Gather the oven screen, mouthpiece and concentrate pad (if you have a PAX 3), place these three items into a jar or container with diluted rubbing alcohol (water and rubbing alcohol mixed).
- Leave these to soak for no more than 30 minutes. When time is up, remove them from the diluted mixture and let dry on a paper-towel.
- Grab a pipe cleaner or Q-tip, dip into some rubbing alcohol and swab the inside to ensure no residue is left behind. The best way of doing this, is by holding your PAX upside down, so all excess alcohol runs out of the vape instead of in to it.
- Put your PAX back together and you should have a squeaky clean vape! Grab your PAX, turn it on to the highest heating setting and let it run through a few heat cycles until you don't smell any more alcohol. When this step is over, you are ready to go again.
Assuming you followed these steps to a T, your vaporizer should be clean and working as its best self. All the above steps are applicable to the original PAX and also PAX 2 and PAX 3. Just remember: A Clean Pax is a happy Pax!
We recommend you brush your heating chamber after every usage with your PAX cleaning brush. This will simply help get out any extra particles and prep for your next session. Clean your PAX effectively so you can spend more time vaping those dry herbs and less time cleaning!